Des (A Musical Life)

Make new Friends But Keep The Old :One Is Like Silver The Other Like Gold

Preston Musos

Forum Home > General Discussion > BOB JOHNSON

phil eaves

Hi Des,

Sorry its been so long since I last made contact with you.

Bob received a tremendous send off on Thursday, some three hundred people attended his funeral in Chipping - the church was packed to capacity !

It was a very emotional occasion and just goes to show how  many people had such high regard for Bob.

Whilst Bob had not been in the best of health for some time I never thought the gig we did at Chipping village hall on the 27th.March would be the last. We had plans to play a further 2 or 3 gigs later this year along with Phil Cool - but alas !

As you may imagine many local muso's attended his funeral - it sometimes seems these sad occasions are the only time we all get together nowadays - but there was a feeling that we should try and get together in the not to distant future and organise a memorial / tribute concert to Bob with proceeds going to a worthy cause.

A great man and dear friend sadly missed.

All the best to you Des

Phil Eaves.

May 21, 2011 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

09:09 PM on July 09, 2011 I finally received the DVD of BUSH COUNTRY performance at "Big Draw Rock Club" aka "The Club Royal", Market Street, Preston in 1976.

The original was filmed by a good friend of mine, Barry Jackson.

It was filmed on pre-vhs equipment in black and white.

The Quality is as good as we can get seeing the age ALMOST 40 YEARS.

Line up is as follows :- BOB JOHNSON vocals

TONY WRIGHT Lead Guitar, backing vocals

ALEX LEYLAND Guitar,Mandolin,Violin, backing vocals

DAVE "DAZ" SMITH Steel Guitar and Bass Guitar

DAVE MORRIS Guitar and Bass Guitar

Many thanks to my buddy MICK JORDAN for posting on YOUTUBE

You can find them on tw28st

If you look closely you will see WALLY "the Roadie" and hear the voice of DARRYL EDWARDS ...D.J. and MC

hope y'all enjoy

P.S. I must admit to feeling quite emotional watching these especially now we have lost both BOB and PADDY. It was a pleasure to be in the band and you can see what fun we had. And MY GOODNESS didn't we ROCK

July 10, 2011 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.